This is a very special time in your life. It represents the end of an old era and the start of a new one. For years, you’ve been suffering from imperfect teeth, causing a lackluster smile. This has affected your confidence and forced you to live in a shell. But those days will soon be far behind you because you’ll be the next Invisalign of Clarksville success story. Learn more about the Invisalign process and how it will change your life.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign clear aligners offer an alternative to traditional braces. They use clear BPA-free plastic trays that adjust your misaligned, gapped or crooked teeth in a gradual and comfortable way. The process begins with an initial visit to your dentist for X-rays, molded impressions and photos. After your custom trays are crafted, you’ll return to your dentist to pick them up. You’ll wear each set of trays for two weeks and then switch to the next set in the series. This process continues until you’ve finished wearing the final set.
The Advantages of Invisalign
There are several advantages to Invisalign that make it a very attractive option for straightening your teeth:
- Time – The Invisalign process typically takes six to 18 months to complete, but it ultimately depends on the severity of your teeth.
- Convenience – It is required that you remove your trays before you eat. But that translates into a convenience, because it allows you more freedom to eat the foods you like without having to worry about them being damaged.
- Maintenance – Your Invisalign aligners are easy to clean because they are removable. Once taken out, they just require a thorough rinsing, soaking and gentle brushing to remove excess bacteria.
- Oral Hygiene – Since your Invisalign aligners are removable, you can carry on with the same oral hygiene that you normally would, including brushing and flossing.
- Appearance – With your clear aligners, you can enjoy a discreet and seamless process of adjusting your teeth.
Why Your Smile is Important
It’s important to have the smile of your dreams because it affects your self-esteem. It also has an impact on the people you encounter, as 58% of Americans feel that people with beautiful smiles are more likely to be successful.
To learn more about the Invisalign alternative of perfecting your smile, contact your local dentist to schedule a consultation.
About the Author
Dr. Stephen Fisher has been practicing since 1981, staying abreast of all the latest innovations in dentistry. He practices at Arkansas River Valley Dentistry and can be reached for more information through his website.